Wednesday, December 31, 2008

St. Crispin's Day, August 30, 2009

I went for an easy ride today with the plan of reflecting on the past year, but all I could think about was what I want to accomplish in 2009! Its pretty hard to set really specific goals for next year because I'll be in a whole new world, with races I've never done before, but I want to talk about my main goal for 2009. (I know most people dont like to talk about their goals, but we're all family here, and I trust everyone reading this will be supportive of what I want to accomplish.)

Goal-Finish top 15 at the USPro Road Race in Greenville on August 30, 2009.

I know this is an insanely lofty goal, but I just cant operate without something big to aim for. Im sharing this because my parents, Milo's, the Birmingham cycling community, Eddy, Eric, CT, and my friends are the reason I have a chance to live my dream. I've felt such an overwhelming amount of support that I want everyone to be a part of the journey. The next 8 months will no doubt be tough, but its worth every hour on the bike and every little sacrifice to make it happen!

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day." -Shakespeare, Henry V

No comments:

Post a Comment